Emergency Medicine Resident – George Washington University Hospital – 2014-Present
- George Washington University Hospital
- INOVA Fairfax Hospital
- Children’s National Health System, Emergency Department
- The Washington VA Medical Center
Recent Awards and Honors
- Whitaker Foundation International Scholarship – Post-Doctoral Fellowship 2012
- NIH National Research Service Awards Individual Predoctoral MD/PhD (F30) – 2011-14
- TEDMED Editorial Research Mavenship – 2013-14
President/Co-Founder – A.D.E. Aerospace Consulting, L.L.C. – 2012 – Present
Space Medicine Consulting for Research and Operations Support
Associate Editor – Medgadget Online Journal of Emerging Medical Technologies. – 2010 – Present
Editor/Writer with original reporting and essays that have been reprinted in multiple Medical Technology trade publications.
Associate Member of the Center for Space Medicine at Baylor Medical College – October 2011– Present
Mentor and Collaborate with students and faculty working on Space Medicine research and operations.
Previous Research Positions:
Post-Doctoral Research Fellow and Visiting Medical Student – University Hospital of Basel, Basel, Switzerland – June 2012 – May 2013
1 year Research and Clinical fellowship in the Department of Orthopedics applying engineering approaches to problems encountered in the clinical care of shoulder, knee, and hip injuries.
Research Assistant – Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center/ Center for Advanced Orthopedic Studies – 2007 – 2012
Conceived and implemented PhD topic for brand new area of research in the lab. Ultimately thesis work was selected for $2.3 Million grant from the Department of Defense to develop three-dimensional ultrasound imaging system for real-time in-flight analysis of neck injuries in US Army Helicopter Pilots.
Research Engineer – National Aeronautics and Space Agency/Wyle Laboratories – Summer 2007
Quantified injuries caused by current American spacesuit and applied results to recommendations for design of next generation suit for exploration of Moon and Mars. Resulted in publication in Acta Astronautica.
Research Study Coordinator – Brigham and Women’s Hospital Emergency Department – Spring 2007
Member of study design team for clinical research study on efficacy of novel antibiotic use on Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) caused cellulitis in emergency department patients.
- Aerospace Medicine Association
- Social Media Ad Hoc Committee, Chair
- Science and Technology Committee
- Education and Training Committee
- Space Medicine Association
- American College of Emergency Physicians – Resident Member
- Emergency Medicine Residents Association
- Society for Academic Emergency Medicine – Resident Member
- American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics – Professional Member
- Life Sciences & Systems Technical Committee
- Sigma Gamma Tau (Aerospace Honor Society)
Previous Related Experience:
- Magen David Adom – Emergency Medical Technician for Israeli National Ambulance Service. Administered emergency medical care to high diversity of patients who used several different languages and had to quickly adapt. – Summer 2003
- MIT-EMS – Emergency Medical Service for the MIT community responding to 911 calls and community events. 2004 – 2006