M.D. – Harvard Medical School/Massachusetts Institute of Technology – 2006 – 2014
- Division of Health Sciences and Technology
- Advanced Rotations in: Rural Family Medicine, High Risk Obstetrics, Space Medicine, Emergency Medicine.
PhD in Aeronautics and Astronautics – Massachusetts Institute of Technology – 2006 – 2011
- GPA: 5.0/5.0
- Focus: Bioastronautics
- PhD Thesis: Ultrasound Imaging of Cervical Spine Motion for Extreme Acceleration Environments – Orthopedics Biomechanics Laboratory at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Research Advisor – Dr. Brian Snyder, M.D. Ph.D
- Academic Advisor – Prof. Dava Newman Ph.D.
- Awards and Support: NSBRI Bioastronautics Fellowship (2007), Children’s Hospital Orthopedic Surgery Foundation Fellowship (2008), Society of NASA Flight Surgeons Outstanding Student Award (2010), Space Medicine Association Jeffrey R. Davis Award (2011)
MS in Aeronautics and Astronautics – Massachusetts Institute of Technology – 2004 – 2006
- Thesis: A Training Methodology for Spatial Orientation in Spacecraft
- Research: Visual Orientation, Navigation and Spatial Memory Countermeasures for Spaceflight – Man Vehicle Laboratory
- Research Advisor – Dr. Charles M. Oman, Ph.D
- Academic Advisor – Prof. Laurence R. Young, Sc.D.
BS in Aerospace Engineering – Georgia Institute of Technology – 2000 – 2004
- GPA: 3.56/4.0
- Highest Honors
- National Merit Scholar, Faculty Honors (4.0 GPA) – 2001, 2003